The management and staff of Pelicans Early Education Centres welcome you to the family. We trust that the time your child spends at our centre will be a happy and fulfilling experience. We look forward to partnering with you, in creating the very best opportunities, fun-filled moments and precious memories that will remain with your children for life.
Our centre provides:
- Educational long day care
- Before and After School Care (school age—12 years)
- Vacation Care (school age—12 years)
- Air Conditioning
- Courtesy bus service – pick up/drop off to home/work and school*
- Nutritious meals for breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea*
- Nappy service*
- Development and extra-curricular programs including yoga and fitness
- An extensive Active-Prep program, including ongoing projects, cooking, science, language, literacy and mathematical concepts.
- Computer based learning
- Extensive list of extra-curricular programs and classes such as language, swimming lessons, fitness and yoga, dance classes and gardening and sustainability (classes vary per centre)
*Please note—services differ for each centre.
We are open Monday to Friday, 52 weeks a year (apart from gazetted public holidays). Hours vary between 6:00am and 6.30pm for your convenience. Please note the hours at your centre may be different.
Our staff are always available to discuss any questions or respond to any concerns you may have during the orientation process and beyond.
Please take the time to read through this handbook as it will give you an insight into the philosophy, goals and routines within our centre. It will also explain our policies to aid in the smooth transition into the centre.
We aim to develop in each child the ability to:
- Feel confident
- Be independent
- Use his or her body skills
- Communicate well with others
- Learn to co-operate as part of a group, to share and take turns
- Express oneself through speech, movement, music and art
- Observe, explore, question, reason and problem solve
- Share ideas and opinions
- Be eager for new experiences