At Pelicans Early Learning Centres, our guiding principal is that all children deserve to be happy, healthy and confident. As such, we are committed to providing a premium service that encompasses high quality care, a progressive early education programme, plus specifically tailored extra-curricular activities aimed at developing the natural talents, skills and passion within every child.
Our goal for every Pelicans child is that they are:
- Cared for in a happy and healthy environment, by highly qualified staff, who recognise their unique talents and requirements.
- Enabled to learn at their own pace and style, thanks to educators who successfully integrate individual needs into the daily program.
- Supported through gentle and reassuring daily routines that remain flexible enough to accommodate differing needs and growing levels of independence.
- Safe within a nurturing, home-like environment that supports their developing self-confidence and innate desire to discover and explore.
Our goals for our families:
- To provide comprehensive support to families through the provision of high quality care, resources and education.
- To involve parents in decision making about centre policy development, staffing, and general centre management to as great a degree as possible.
- To provide services to families with different economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, preventing segregation on the basis of any of these factors, and always respecting the individual rights of all families.
- To support regulations governing children’s services.
Our goals for our staff:
- To promote ongoing training and professional enrichment to all staff with opportunities for career advancement wherever possible.
- To provide secure, supported employment through sound industrial rights, conditions and personal practices.
Our goals for our community
- To welcome representatives from local interest groups, sporting teams and essential services into our centre so that our children can actively develop a sense of connection, understanding and belonging to their wider community.
- To be recognised within our local community as a centre of excellence in childcare and early education, supporting the needs of families and working parents in our area.
- To liaise with Federal, State and Local Government regarding funding, licensing, guidelines and the responsibilities of Child Care providers.