pelicans in the city – Centre one
Our child care service delivers an experienced team of early childhood educators and provides professional and compassionate care.
Pelicans in the City is comprised of two architecturally designed centres, known as City One and City Two.
Our centre is committed to providing an enriching and challenging developmental environment where each child is encouraged to grow to their fullest potential emotionally, socially and intellectually. Children will learn about their day-to-day environment and about themselves. Our aim is to develop a love of learning which will stay with them for life.
We aim to provide your child and family with a wonderful experience of early childhood development and intend to make the Centre a place where you feel that you are part of an extended family in the community, where you could drop into unexpectedly and feel welcome and at home.
Pelicans in the City offer a rich and diverse Learning for Life curriculum, including the following specialised classes;
- Music and Movement sessions with a qualified teacher
- The ‘You can Do It’ programme
- Jolly Phonics (Pre-schoolers)
- Shaded outdoor areas
- Specialised playground equipment to encourage risk-taking within a safe environment
- Individual adventure play zones
- Oversized internal rooms comprised of learning stations and interactive discovery centres
- Custom built gym complete with age-appropriate gym equipment
- Animal habitats
- Interactive fruit and vegetable gardens.
Centre Manager: Tracey Black
Operating Hours: 6.30am - 6.00pm Weekdays
Phone: (07) 4046 9400
Address: 148-152 Mulgrave Rd, CAIRNS, QLD, 4870
Our Age Groups
- Infants (6 weeks to 15 months)
- Toddlers (15 months to 2 years)
- Junior Kindy (2 - 3 years)
- Kindy Group (3 - 4 years)
- Pre-schoolers (3.5 - 5 years)